Celery Seed essential oil (Apium graveolens)
Whenever I think of Celery seed I think of soup. It’s one of my favorite spices to add to almost any soup/stew I make. It’s great for your digestive system and Celery Seed essential oil is no different.
Some people take this essential oil as a dietary supplement, using gel capsules and carrier oil, but I add it to recipes as is. One of my friends make an amazing chicken salad that includes Celery Seed essential oil.
If ingesting oils isn’t your thing, no worries, this essential oil is great when used topically and diffused as well.
Below are 5 reasons why you should use it…
5 Reasons why you should use Celery Seed Essential oil
- It supports digestion wellness
- It’s great from making bug repellent- especially against mosquitoes
- It’s a soothing addition to massage oil
- It helps with women’s wellness by decreasing pms symptoms
- It can be used as a flavorant in cooking
For more information on Essential oils check out my Essential oil page, the other Reasons Why in the series, and Essential oils for Cats and Dogs.