Yummy Banana bread, and better yet, gluten free banana bread.
Every so often I get a craving for banana bread, I want that warm, sweet bread slathered in butter. Sometimes I feel like adding the nutty crunch of walnuts or hazel nuts, and sometimes I want Chocolate chips dotting my loaf. This time I was feeling like plain ol’ banana bread.
This recipe is awesome because it gives you the flexibility to add those nuts or chocolate chips if you want or leave them out and still have bomb tasting bread.
I always seem to buy more bananas than I’m going to eat and I end up with a few brown ones. These ugly bananas find a home in my freezer until it’s time to make bread. They are perfect for it because as the banana ages it gets sweeter. Sweet bananas = Awesome banana bread. If you are using bananas from the freezer just make sure to let them thaw before you start the recipe or you’ll have odd chunks of banana and clumps of melted butter in your loaves or muffins.
I like making mine in mini loaf pans, that way I limit what I eat in a sitting and can freeze the remaining loaves and use them when I might not have the hour it takes to make these babies. You can also use muffin tins for a single serving set up. You can also make a large single loaf using this recipe but note that there will be a difference in cooking time.Print
Simple and delicious banana bread. No fuss, easy to make, and gluten free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill’s 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Optional add in’s like chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- 2 tsp Butter or Oil for greasing pans
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Using a stand mixer combine all the wet ingredients with the whisk attachment.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Once they are combined, turn the mixer to low and slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Prep your baking pans/muffin trays with some butter or oil. Then pour the batter into them, leaving 1/4 inch or more room from the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until set and a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Keywords: Banana bread, Gluten free