Paleo Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts with Coconut Caramel topping. Because sometimes you need an extravagant looking seasonal treat.
These Paleo pumpkin doughnuts are perfect for joining your non-Paleo friends with their pumpkin spice obsession. You’ll still be eating Paleo while enjoying pumpkin spices, with actually pumpkin, and decadent coconut caramel.
I’m a firm believer that you should never deny yourself something you want. But instead of grabbing that box of cookies or that overpriced dairy concoction, rethink things. What exactly are you craving? Is there a way to still get what you want without cheating on your diet or over indulging? The answer is often yes.
I love rethinking something I’m craving. Like when I was craving Cheese Nachos and instead of caving I made Paleo style nachos using a vegan cheese sauce (don’t dismiss it till you try it). I loved them and I still ate to my hearts content without adding dairy. Or like these Paleo doughnuts. I wanted doughnuts that covered both my craving for pumpkins spice and sugar.
These Paleo doughnuts fit the bill and guess what? I only need to eat ONE! They are so rich and satisfying that I only needed one doughnut to curb my craving. I was able to enjoy them for a few days along with coffee without over doing it. #love It can’t get much better that that.Print
Paleo Pumpkin Doughnuts
These Paleo doughnuts are the feeling and tastes of autumn rolled into a baked good. The pumpkin and spices are warming and comforting, and the rich coconut caramel drizzled on top finishes out these amazing doughnuts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Caramel (See notes)
- 2/3 cup Almond meal
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon (Ground)
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg (Ground)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom (Ground)
- 1/4 tsp Ginger (Ground)
- Pinch Clove (Ground)
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup Coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350F and grease the doughnut pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine the almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, and spices.
- In a stand mixer combine the pumpkin, coconut palm sugar, and maple syrup. When this is thoroughly mixed slowly add in the dry ingredients. After mixing allow this to sit a few minutes to let the coconut flour absorb moisture.
- Spoon dough into the doughnut shaped baking pan and use your fingers to shape the dough and fill each doughnut mold.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. They are done when they begin to look dry and begin to brown on top.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan then drizzle with coconut caramel before serving.
You can find my recipe for coconut caramel here.
Keywords: comfort food, Doughnuts, Gluten free, Paleo