Gluten free chocolate chip cookies are the best in your pocket recipe. When it’s been a hard day and you want a little pick me up, you can whip up these cookies quickly.
A little soft and gooey (especially when warm) and crisp on the edges. These cookies are perfect with a glass of milk or cup of tea. You can eat them all in one sitting, share with friends, or freeze extra for later. Frozen cookies are perfect for nibbling on during hot days.
I start by combining the gluten free flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl and setting it aside.
I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend. It’s locally made and I can get a great deal on a giant 20lb bag of it. You can use another kind of all purpose gluten free flour but it will likely change the texture of the cookies and you might have to tweak the other ingredients to get the right consistency.
Next, I set up my stand mixer and cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. This was my favorite part to sample as a kid. The combo of the sugars with the butter is a sweet and salty treat all on its own. Once creamy, turn the mixer to low and add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Keeping the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until a dough forms. Then add in the chocolate chips mix until just combined.
I use a large spoon or melon baller to scoop out golf ball sized pieces of dough and I place them on a lined or greased cookie sheet. They bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. I usually do it for 12 because I like crisper cookies.
Once they are done baking let them chill out on the counter for a few minutes to frim up before transferring to a cooling rack. Otherwise they might crack or fall apart.
I also have my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe on the blog. The difference between them? Oat Flour. The other recipe uses powdered oats in the recipe which results in a denser and chewier cookie. You can also check out my oatmeal cookies, chocolate cookies, and gingerbread cookie recipes.Print
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft in the center and lightly crispy on the edges, the perfect chocolate chip cookie made gluten free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten free Flour Blend
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature )
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F
- In a large bowl whisk together the gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Once creamed together turn the mixer to low and add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Keep the mixer on low speed and slowly add in the flour mixture until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined (do not over mix the cookie dough).
- Using a melon ball scoop or large spoon, Scoop out a golf ball sized amount of dough and place it on a cookie sheet. Repeat until the cookie sheet is full or you run out of dough (depending on the size of your cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges just begin to turn golden. They will be soft. Leave them on the cookie sheet for a few minutes until they cool slightly and firm up. Then carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
- You can enjoy them as soon as they are cool enough to touch. Store in an air tight container for up to a week or freeze for a few months.
Keywords: Chocolate Chip, Cookies, Gluten free